< Back to news articles
Parking on Saturdays & Sundays is extremely limited & we strongly advise customers to leave their cars at home where possible.
For those who have no alternative but to drive there are a few options.
As the weather gets better we recommend parking within one of the
established car parks in Richmond town centre and then enjoying a leisurely stroll along the river and through the cow meadows to us. A walk which takes no more than 30 minutes.
The car parks nearest to us are:
* Friars Lane car park (Friars Lane, Richmond, TW9 1NL)
* Paradise Road multi-storey car park (Paradise Road, Richmond, TW9 1SQ)
* Richmond Riverside car park (Richmond Riverside, Richmond, TW9 1TH)
* Ham Street car park (Ham Street, Ham, TW10 7RS)
To view a map of all the council run car parks click here
Customers calling to book a table within the restaurant on either a Saturday or Sunday will be offered the option to reserve parking at a local primary school called
The Russell School.
The Russell School is less than a 5 minute walk from the Nurseries and is sign posted as `Petersham Nurseries Cafe reserved parking` (see map and directions below).
Parking at the Russell School : Saturday & Sunday only
Gates open from 11.45am. All cars must be removed from the site by 5.15pm and no access can be given to the grounds after this time.
(NB. We have no choice but introduce a small charge of £3.75 per vehicle to park within the Russell School. Regular customers will be aware that we have been renting this space from The Russell School for the last three years – unfortunately, due to a lack of funding, the school has had no choice but to significantly increase the hire charge to us. We have kept the price as low as we can and hope that you will continue to use this service. For your convenience, the parking charge will be added to your luncheon bill).
If you are not a customer of the restaurant however and would like to reserve parking at the Russell School please call our receptionist Orla on 020 8605 3627 to see if there are any spaces left available.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE RUSSELL TO PETERSHAM NURSERIES
- Walk from the car park back up to the entrance on the main Petersham Road
- Turn left following the main road until you reach River Lane - a road leading off to your left.
- Walk a quarter of the way down River Lane, looking out for a walled laneway on your right-hand side - sign posted to Ham/ Richmond.
- Continue down the little walled lane way until you reach our main gate.